Monday, July 7, 2008

Am I going overboard?

I am starting to feel the pressure. My only daughter is turning one and her party is this saturday. Beside the fact that there is a lot of out of town family in town. I am recklessly trying to get it all together. Maybe a little overboard, but I'm not doing it for every party. I'm just going to do it for big one's. You know, like when she turns 10 or 16?

I made a rather large poster. The kinds that kids can stick their heads in and it has another body attached. It is so cute. I'm doing it with minnie and mickey mouse. I'm making signs for the games. I'm doing bob for apples, water balloon toss, and a potato sack race. Then I'm making these cupcakes from this book I bought a while ago.

I'm not making food for the party. I'm buying it, so that isn't so bad. And it's not at my place, so I don't have to worry about having a perfect house.

Now the only problem is if it goes down as perfectly as it looks in my head.

2 comments:

Cassi said...

I'm sure it will be fine... enjoy the day... enjoy your beautiful daughter... don't let the day go by and you then you say you were too consumed with tasks to not enjoy her putting her hands in her cake... or all the other cute things 1 yr olds do!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY PENELOPE!!!

Rose said...

It went off beautifully, you throw a mighty fine party!

We were so happy to celebrate her first year of life with you and your wonderful family.