Wednesday, June 6, 2007

My nitch

I'm trying to find my new nitch. When you go through any major life changes you end up evaluating who you are as a person. I'm pregnant and trying to figure out what does it mean to be me as a "mom". And how can I be that best mom I want to be for my little daughter. In additionally I might be taking the rest of the pregnancy off of work to make sure the baby will be okay. So for around 5 months I won't be working anymore. What does it look like to be a stay-at-home mom/ wife for almost half a year.

What I do has made me who I am. I show I care in what I choose to do for a living (by being a nurse). But when I stop and just not do anything. What does that make me?

2 comments:

Nicky Stade said...

It means you're nurturing side is just redirected! You're still a nurturer--to your home, your husband and soon, your new baby girl--you're just not getting paid for it. =)

Alexis said...

So I was going to say something simmilar to Nicky... You are still who you are. We are not defined by career... but by the *way* we live and the *choices* we make.

Motherhood is an adventure for sure. From the moment you get that second line on your pee stick...