Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Farwell to Mini Club

Well I had to say farwell today. If anyone told me it was going to happen I probably wouldn't have believed them. A little bit of history for those who don't know. I owned a 2005 Mini Cooper S. I purchased it as a graduation present to myself for getting through nursing school. It was a great car, but it represented something greater. I had always tried to live life practical and this car stood for everything unpractical, it was just pure fun! I thought it was just practical enough to be able to get by.

But today I had a baby seat installation appointment at the local CHP office and when the baby seat was properly installed in the Mini Cooper it was a hazard to the child. Since it is two door, the front passanger seat had to be folded forward to install the seat. When the seat was properly installed, the passanger seat didn't have enough room to click back into place. And it wouldn't lock forward either. So it was there just to bouce back and forth depending if you hit the breaks or if you got into an accident. It would just fly into the baby seat and hit the baby if there were problems driving. Well we need both of our cars to be functional. So that means we had to get rid of the mini. :(

Russell and I left the CHP office and went looking for a car to get. I didn't really expect to get one today, but I knew we had to get one soon. The baby is coming anyday and it is only going to be harder when the baby is here to spend all day at a dealership. After a little bit of time we found a pretty nice car. (Completely practical, but cute.) We got a 2007 Toyota Prius. It's a soft green hybrid vehicle. It's really neat looking, gets great gas milage, is a four door with lots of room, and has lots of other cool functions.

So here I am saying, "so long" to my mini club and hello to a new me. I guess my new nitch. I am shaping to be a green San Pedrian mom driving a hybrid.

No comments: