Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Baba & booby

Today is the day that I have been looking forward to for a while. But right now I'm starting to regret that it is here. At our breastfeeding class the lactation consultant said the best time to introduce the bottle is 4 weeks old. I am planning on pumping breast milk and having that fed to her in a bottle when I go back to work. There are two problem sometimes when you incorporate breast and bottle. The first one is "nipple confusion" this is when the baby prefers the bottle because it is easier to retrieve milk out of then the breast. The other is when they won't take the bottle at all. The later problem is usually when it is introduced with an older baby. So my risk is that when I introducing the bottle tonight she won't want me any more. :( I never really felt like I was bonding with the breastfeeding. Partly I think because she always falls asleep while I'm trying to feed her. But when I think these might be the last day her and I can do this together, I'm sad. It was going to be nice to not be on a 3 hour time clock with feedings, but I hope we can still have these bonding moments.

1 comment:

onemotherslove said...

Good luck with the bottle. Maybe it will be better with her being so young. My little girl refused to take one from my sister at 6 months old... guess we should have tried it earlier!