Saturday, December 22, 2007

a little more

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. For about the last 2 months I have been getting sick on and off. Today I woke up with my 3rd cold. It's just starting so it's mild but I am so sick of getting sick. I'm starting to think that it has something to do with me getting sleep. Last night I had about 6-7 hours interupted sleep (due to the baby, of course) and the night before about 3-4 hours interupted sleep. I guess in the next 3 days I have off of work inbetween christmas, christmas eve, wrapping presents, going to the grochery store, making christmas breakfast for about 10 people, cleaning my house, and much more I should take a nap so I stop getting sick. Oh well.....

Besides that baby Nelly just turned 5 months wednesday. Russell and I wanted to get a cake and celebrate, but despite the best of intentions we never got around to it. But we still sang her happy birthday. she is getting so big. She is absolutely adorable!--have I said that before. : )

A little bit on the book corner

I finished 2 books a little bit ago.
'A death in the family' ****
it was a darling book mainly from the view of a little 7 year old boy. The author does a great way of demonstrating how children think and process life and death. It was the last book the Agee wrote and was still in its editing format. It doesn't really seem to have an ending, but it is still left very complete by way of the authors talent.

'mommy guilt' *****
The primary reason I give this book 5 stars is because I highly recommend it to men and women alike. When I would read parts to Russell he would always comment how it should also be called 'daddy's guilt'. Raising a child comes with its fair share of feelings--however you might describe them and to be able to process them so that you are an effective parent is the key. I can't say that I go along now with no guilt but I can say it has given me a stepping stone to help deal with somethings I was feeling and identify them. It's a mixture of a book and a workbook with several research topics it brings up to give you perspective.

1 comment:

Devra and Aviva said...

Jenny,
Thank you for giving Mommy Guilt the star treatment! Sounds like you got out of the book just what we had hoped for when we wrote it; no expectation of anyone being guilt free just an increased awareness of what's going on with your guilt-o-meter. As for Russell, tell him to hang in there, our next book will be for parents, not just moms!

Thank you for taking the time to read our book!