Sunday, January 27, 2008

Solids???????

Well we started solids last Tuesday. I do have to say she took it really well the first day. I went back to work on Wednesday and Russell tried feeding her but he said she cried and wouldn't take any of it. So on Friday when she became sick I tried once and when she didn't want it I just thought it had something to do with her sore throat. With her sore throat and being sick and all I decided to give her Saturday off. So today we try again to get her to take solids....Well she didn't cry but she didn't really take it either. I know that it takes time, but she doesn't seem to be warming up to it at all; it seems to be the other way around. A couple people I know that have kids around Penelope's age within a month got over the rice cereal and moved onto 3 or 4 different foods. They both have said it was a little unusual for their baby to do solids so quick. But maybe Penelope isn't ready and I should try again in a couple of weeks. Or maybe she is just being picky and I got to charge through it. What do you think?

1 comment:

Nicky Stade said...

It depends on what you are trying...is it pureed food or the lumpy stuff? Is it too bitter (like green beans)? Taste it yourself and see...if you don't like it, chances are, she won't either. Don't force it, though. It will come with time!