Monday, November 10, 2008

okay let's see...

There is this thing going around. Here, here, and several other places. Anyways the last one finally "tagged me" so here I go.... 7 things about myself and then tag 7 other people (if there are 7 other people left).

1. I'm dyslexic. I'm not just saying I'm dyslexic because I'm a little slower then other people. I really am dyslexic. I got pulled out of school when I was in 4th grade because I couldn't keep up. I got put into "Special Education" and was horribly made fun off by other kids because I was "retarded". It drives me nuts, absolutes no excuse when I see people joking around "in good clean fun" about people who are "retarded". It is not funny and it is not a good role model for the younger people in the family. Anyways it runs in my family and I worked my butt off to study just that much harder to be able to be mediocre in normal school. By middle school I was in normal classes and I haven't let up since.

2. I love baking. I know that isn't new news to anyone. BUT I'm not crazy about eating my own baked goods. I mostly like having other people eat them. It's the one thing you can bring and people love. Saying, "here i made you a chicken" just doesn't have the same affect as cookies. In fact when I make my christmas cookies I have to force myself to try a piece just to make sure it doesn't taste horrible. I think I am my worst critic.

3. My parents always fight during the holidays. I don't know, call it the stress of it all. I've heard it is fairly common. Well I hated it growing up but now it doesn't feel like Christmas without it. So let's just say right now is holiday time. : )

4. I have a tatoo, which most of you know. But I got it to represent my freedom. It's not rebellion. It showed myself that I was an individual and in charge of myself. I am know my own person. It represents a lot of good things I like about myself. And I love having it. If you are a teenager reading this...I didn't get my tatoo till I was 23 years old and that's how old you have to be. LOL

5. I have a minor in youth ministries that was defiantly God ordained. But I haven't seen God use it yet and I don't know if He ever will. What was that all about God?

6. One day when I retire I keep talking to Russell about opening up a cafe or small restaurant or bakery. Just to see if we can make it.

7. I play the piano, clarinet and bass clarinet. And I have messed around with the violin and the guitar. But I loved the days when I was in a concert band or a marching band. I loved it. I wish someday that I could get back involved with it. But right now I don't think I can because I don't think I would be able to take enough time that I feel I need to practice.


Here are my 7 people to pass it on... Jennifer, Jessica, Yvoone, Hatie, and I can't think of anyone else. But if you are up for the challenge....

6 comments:

Cassi said...

I guess that could be one more about me... I own a violin but don't know how to play it.

Jenny said...

we should take violin lessons together!

Rose said...

yeah! You played! I can't eat my own backed goods either, but that's just because I'm so sick of them by the time they come out of the oven! I can't even stand the smell. A couple days later though... Yummy!

Nicky Stade said...

That's funny about your tattoo: 23 is how old you have to be! I think that's a law or something! ;o)

rubber_thoughts said...

I did my entry on my blog.

Anonymous said...

oh wow! i totally remember the 4th of July tattoo adventure, but i think we were 17 at the time? lol jk... yes you were 23! that was an awesome road trip... ok, so it was just down to Newport, but still a road trip! lol

-Andrea