Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Where were you?

I have made it a point not to include politics in my blog. But one thing is for sure, we have been able to be apart of history. Something is going to be said in history books about the inauguration of our 44th president. So where were you when the president elect became the president?

I was working at Torrance Memorial. I work in the ICU but I had the opportunity to watch President Obama be sworn in next to a lovely patient of mine. I'm so happy that I was able to share this experience with my patient. He has served this country in World War II and shares the same ethnic background as President Obama. To see how it touched him, moment by moment, was a once in a lifetime experience.

My daughter was at Granna's house, my mother-in-laws. Together in the living room the family watched the inauguration. And forever I will tell Penelope that she clapped along with everyone else on the television. Of course she claps whenever she hears clapping. But there was participation on her end, which is a lot for a 18 month old.

Russell was also at work and was out on the field, driving around the airport. He was able to get bits and pieces on the radio. But we have it DVR'd at home. So I know Russ will be watching it tonight.

How about you, where were you? What were you doing this moment in history?

Also, can I add that I loved the quartet with the violin, piano, cello, and clarinet. It was absolutely beautiful.

3 comments:

sharkiepatronus said...

I was sitting in the living room watching it on tv.

Cassi said...

I missed it... :-( ... totally forgot about the time difference... I turned it on to hear him say - God Bless you and God Bless America... I did hear the benediction tho... comical did make a point

rubber_thoughts said...

I was at work, and a coworker was streaming it from her computer and the whole office was huddled around. A bunch of people cried, and I kept giggling with glee. I loved the music too.