Monday, December 7, 2009

all what's new...

I'm adjusting to two kids better on some days then others. Personally I do a lot better when Russell doesn't have to work 12 hour days, but there isn't a whole lot either he nor I can do about that. We recently bought a new coffee machine (a Keurig personal brewer! YUM) to replace the old coffee machine we had that carafe broke and didn't have a replacement carafe anywhere. So I foretell it being a lot easier with my coffee so easy to get.

Aussie and Nelly are two different type of babies. Don't get me wrong they are/ were both very good babies. I consider myself very blessed. But I'm surprised about how different they were. Nelly was defiantly a pacifier baby. Man, did she need that. Aussie on the other hand, grimaces and gags on it if you try to put it in his mouth. Nelly we had to rock forever to make sure she was in a deep enough sleep to put her down. Aussie, well, when Russell went back to work I gave him 10 minutes. But he doesn't really seem to need that. Aussie sleeps so much more then Nelly ever did. Nelly dropped a feeding as a newborn, like in the hospital in the middle of the night she didn't wake up to nurse and I would get yelled at from the nurses for it. I didn't expect to take an alarm clock with me. But during the day she was awake a lot! She would nurse and then be awake for a while then only sleep for 30 minutes and then be awake to nurse again (3 hours later). Aussie only has about 2, sometimes 3, wake times during the day. Otherwise he is either sleeping or nursing. Nelly was a very lazy nurser and Aussie (a true Stade boy) nurses like a pro. Aussie loves laying down. In fact he sometimes gets fussy if you have been holding him too long. Where Nelly always wanted to be held. LOL. Such different babies.

Aussie has brown hair with possible blond highlights. His eyes look hazel right now (which my dad has hazel eyes, so maybe they'll stay). Sometimes they look more brown or blue but I believe they are hazel right now.

Here are some recent pictures of him:



Aussie in my Alma mater Letterman's jacket.


Aussie at thanksgiving


Nelly at thanksgiving


We went to visit Aunt Jodi and got to see Russ' cousin Justin and his wife, Norma, and their family including the new baby, Jake. Jake was born October 7th, about a month before Aussie. Here are a couple of pictures of the two of them together in their matching outfits, bought by Aunt Jodi. Look how cute!





We got some newborn and family portraits done but I only have some of them back. So I'm waiting until I get them all to post my favorites.

Here is the Christmas tree for this year.



And of course the kids in front. Ohh how cute!



No comments: