Monday, February 22, 2010

over the hills & thru the woods to Gramma's house we go...

We recently took a trip up to see my parents house in a small town on the out skirts of Fresno, CA. It was lovely. They have about 26 acres of land that it is cuddled next to the Sierra National Forest. So I got to go hiking around their property. There are a couple of cool things. For instance can you see the natural hidden picture in this rock that my brother showed me?



It is a happy face! Isn't that so cool. And it is totally there by nature. There is also this hidden picture that is a lot easier to spot in the side of manzanita tree. It also was created by nature.



I did make this out of a manzanita tree. But rest assure they were fallen branches that I picked up from the ground. I didn't cut down any of these beautiful trees.

Of course, here are some adorable pictures of the kiddos while on our trip.








It was also really nice to spend time with my family while we were up there. My brother has been living up there to help on the upgrades that my parents are making to the place. I really enjoy having my kids know personally all the close members in the family. I'm trying to think about all the fun things we did, because we did have fun. But I think it was more just hanging out and enjoying each others company. Plus it was the first family trip we have taken since Austyn was born. I think the family clan is back to our traveling selves after this trip.



No comments: