Saturday, September 18, 2010

Disneyland 5K

Russell and I the Disneyland 5K earlier this month. It was awesome! We started at about the place where you go onto a tram from parking and then you ran through and around Disneyland, running through Sleeping Beauty Castle, and through and around California Adventure, ending there. It was like no other race! There was an array of different Disney music playing. There were characters that you can stop and take a picture with. It was AWESOME! (Did I say that already?) This was the first race that I got a finishing metal. Yay! Since I started I have been trying to get a finish metal, because lets be honest having a top finisher metal just isn't going to happen. There are people who finish the race in 15 minutes. That's 5 minutes a mile! That is like 12 mph!! And I'm in the class of 20-29. I can't compete with that.

Anyways I came in about 35 minutes. They had timers at each mile mark along the way and I was averaging about 11 minutes a mile (5.5 mph). So I probably was wasting about 2 minutes to get started with the crowds. But that isn't too bad. Russell came in at about 45 minutes. Which is great for his first ever 5K! That was the time for my first 5k too. He said he ran most of it averaging about 4 mph at 14.5 minute miles.

I can't wait to do the 1/2 marathon next year. The course for that also takes you into the streets of Anaheim and through the home plate of Angel's stadium. I can't wait to do that! I ordered pictures of this race since neither one of us could run and hold a camera very well. But my scanner has been broken for a while. So you will just have to come by and look at the scrapbook if you want to see the pictures. Let's just say Russell and I look like a hot couple there at the finish line. No I mean it we were hot and sweaty. : )

No comments: