Sunday, December 16, 2012

Back in the saddle again

We got bikes for Christmas. We got them for the whole family (don't spill it to the kids yet). But we also got them for ourselves. No, we didn't put a bow on them and set them aside only to be used on Christmas. The day we bought them, after we got the kids to bed, we went out for a bike ride. Yes, we had an adult at the house, we didn't leave the kids unattended. But riding on a bike brought back so many childhood memories. Russell and I haven't had a bike since childhood. I don't remember what happened to mine. Russell remembers his being stolen right out of his garage when left open for only a little bit unattended.

Just like riding a bike you never forget, or ya, riding a bike. I remember going on the many camping trips my parents would take us on.  We (my sister, brother, and I) would go through bike rides through the camp ground, sometimes down to the lake.  It was a beautiful camp ground.  If only someone remembered where it was that we went those times.  We would all sing at the top of our longs "Ba, ba, ba, ba.....bad to the bone.....ba, ba, ba, ba....bad to the bone".  Not that we were bad or pretended to be so.  It was just a fun song.  It was a time full of laughter and fun.  Everyone was always in a good mood.  The sky was always shining and the weather was never too hot.  At least in my head.  Hopefully someday I can impart memories like that to my kids. 

On a side note,  I've been feeling a little under the weather lately.  I've had a pounding headache.  I thought maybe I was having migraines.  Since I couldn't shake it and no medicine I found over the counter was touching it.  I went to the urgent care.  The doctor said it was a sinus headache, "since migraines are more chronic".  Meaning I should have had more then one in my whole life.  Well, I guess I understand that idea.  Either way he got me some stronger pain medication and I was again able to be part of civilization again.  I have a prescription for antibiotics if the headache doesn't go away in a couple of days.   Don't worry my pain prescription isn't needing a triplicate or anything.  But I am okay with taking it.  Because I was either rolled in a ball holding my head trying not to move in pain.  Or able to do the fun things with my kids before Christmas, with a little medicinal aid. 






 

No comments: