Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Softball/ baseball season

We are in Softball/ Baseball season which means we are in the crazy time of year. I love it when this season starts and I am completely done with it when we have reached the end. This year we have Penelope in Softball that is 2 times and week. And we have Austyn in t-ball that is once a week. They both really love it!

This is Austyn's first year and he is beyond excitted. He is on the team called "Nationals". He is not much of a "talker" normally but during t-ball he never stops talking. He refers to T-ball as "B-ball". He does so many cute things during practice/ games. For instance when he first started hitting the ball off the T he wouldn't hit it far. So before he ran to first he would get the ball and throw it further. Also if he hasn't been told to run to the next base he would stand his ground on the base and not let any other kid on. He is just too cute.

Penelope is on a team called "the stingrays" and their team color is jade. They are known to chant or scream (as little girls do all too well) "lets go Madison! Lets go!" By the way almost 1/3 of her team is named Madison. She has one school mate on her team and several more that go to the same school. She isn't scared this year like last. She use to get scared about everyone watching her, especially her mother. But once she started relaxing and having fun she is doing well. I am so glad that she is not struggling with that this year. I ended up being the dug out mom. I have my own t-shirt and everything. Russ is usually helping out on the field or being a catcher behind home plate. I got enough ribbon to make little hair things for all the girls but I haven't gotten around to actually making them yet. I need to get on that.












No comments: