Monday, October 22, 2007

Ambers in the Southland

Well believe it or not I didn't realize how bad all the fires were in our surrounding area until this morning. I have worked through the weekend, and working 12 houir shifts and living 30 miles from work I can loose touch with the rest of life. This morning when I came down stairs I smelt fumes....I kept thinking it smelled like a camp fire. Right before Nicky stopped by I turned on the tv to realize how bad the fires had gotten. Even though there are no ones that are directly by us I realized when I went to get take a shower there was a film of ashes at the bottom of my bathtub. (There is a window in my shower.) Here are some pictures from nasa that were taken today one at 11:35 am and the other at 2:50. Just a little over 3 hours, you can all tell how it is growing so quickly.


How to protect your family against all the smoke

How to save water for the firefighters

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i kno! the same thing happened to me! my car had ashes on it this morning!!! my mom is in San Diego covering the fires, so i've been alone w/ my 2 doggies, but i guess its ok, i got 2 big tests this week.
anyways, hope all is well... and thnx for updating the blog, i always check it... i hope u put more pix of penelope :) those are always nice to see.
take care! :)