Tuesday, October 23, 2007

My Day, His Way

My Day, His Way
By C. Hopson


I love this book and highly recommend it. I actually went to a woman's retreat where C. Hopson was the speaker and she is very good. This book is a easy read with only 139 pages. This book would work very well for a guided devotional; after each chapter it has a small poem, scriptures, and questions to get you thinking. It is very inspiring to live with God in mind in even the simple activities of your life. All together it reminds us to get up everyday and tell ourselves to live each day saying, "God I'm available if you want me to show someone your love today." I like how through out the book she is letting love be the primary point. Hopson also shows how when the opportunity arises not to be afraid but minister to the people and tell them the truth of Gods direction in saying, "God cared so much about you that He brought me here to share His love with you".

I give this book 5 stars.

*****


Small exert...


Change my Eyesight, Lord

Oh Lord, sometimes I'm into self,
and what feels good to me,
And I admit that my own plans
are all I really see.

I guess I didn't spend the time
today, with you, in prayer,
So I would be in tune with what
you had for me to share.

I wonder who the Susan's were
who never saw the light,
And never felt your loving touch
because of my poor sight.

Forgive me for my selfish days,
and give me a new view.
I want to change my eyesight Lord.
Please help me see like you.

No comments: