Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Books I want to read

I added two books I want to read to my book corner at the bottom of the page.

The Pillars of the Earth by K. Follett
"In the quest to build the greatest Gothic cathedral ever known, a struggle between good and evil erupts—turning church against state and brother against brother (oprah.com)." It's suppose to be a drama, a thriller, a romance, a suspense, and hold you are the edge of your chair.


Love in the time of Cholera by G. G. Marquez
"In the late 1800s, in a Caribbean port city, a young telegraph operator named Florentino Ariza falls deliriously in love with Fermina Daza, a beautiful student. In this magnificent story, García Márquez beautifully and unflinchingly explores the nature of love in all its guises—small and large, passionate and serene. Love can ravage its host like a disease, but it can also persevere through the bleakest decades and survive the effects of time itself. (oprah.com)"

If anyone wants to read them with me, let me know. I'm still itching to start that internet book club.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Sounds like you're a fan of Oprah's Book Club! I have both in my queue at the library (although it may be awhile before my number is up).

I wholeheartedly agree with your review of "The DaVinci Code". This whole time I've been thinking that the reason that Sophie didn't decipher the clues was because Robert Langdon (Tom Hanks) was the bigger star. Allthgouh in retrospect, I'm betting that the reason she didn't decipher the codes is because (1) it was about her and was probably the furthest thing from her mind and (2) the story wouldn't have been as great if she had deciphered it solo (just my thoughts though). I think some thing were taken completely too far and should have been looked as the work of fiction that it was. Pure entertainment, not fact.

One of the books I'll be reading when I pick up my 15 ready from the library tomorrow is: "Shattered Dreams" (http://www.amazon.com/Shattered-Dreams-Life-Polygamists-Wife/dp/1599957191/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1195189474&sr=8-1) if you're interested in that one.

Kelly, (Nicky's sister), who's picking up 15 books from the library tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Ooooh, my mom read the Follett book.... its sooooooo long!!! But she loved it.

I read the "Love..." book by Marquez, its a great read.

Good picks!

Anonymous said...

Ooooh, my mom read the Follett book.... its sooooooo long!!! But she loved it.

I read the "Love..." book by Marquez, its a great read.

Good picks!