Monday, November 26, 2007

Silly new mom worries

I know I'm a new mom and that I shouldn't worry, but no matter how much you tell yourself you just keep on worrying. Well let me back up and tell you....about several weeks ago she was rolling over. That morning I put her on her stomach for "tummy time" and she rolled over almost immediately. She did it 4 times in a row before I gave up that morning of getting any "tummy time" in. But since then she hasn't done it once. Not once. And when the doctor asked about her turning over at her doctors appointment I explained that she had but she doesn't anymore. The doctor didn't seem worried about it. But it made me worry about it just a little more. So recently I've been thinking that maybe I am not giving her enough "tunny time", so this morning I had her on her stomach 3 times before noon. Making sure that she was plenty upset before I rolled her over. Maybe I was previously stopping to early. Maybe she just wasn't rolling over because she knew she could just cry and I would pick her up. But nothing. So I started showing her. (I know I'm weird.) I started showing her to lift up her arm above her head, so that her arm doesn't get stuck. Then she has to swing her legs over to get the momentum to turn over. After several repetitive instructions.....nothing. The baby just looked at me and smiled.

I know when I ask people they all just give me a generalization....of they turn over at about 4 months, they sit up at about 4 months, they start crawling at about 6 months. But my baby isn't turning over anymore, and she isn't sitting up by herself and she's 4 months. So I looked at Nicky's blog where the only milestone of Emily's close to mine is where she is only starting to rock on her hands and knees at 9 months. Well that gives Penelope plenty of time to do that. No problem. I'm a cool headed mom again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmmm.... im not a mom... and i dont kno much about babies... so i dont have much to say :( but i wanted to acknowledge reading the blog :)

Anonymous said...

fyi- i deactivated my facebook, until dec. 18th... cause of finals.