Wednesday, September 10, 2008

thinking out loud

Lets just say that my prayer list has a lot of aspects.

Russell and I have signed up to work in Children's ministries. It's kind of exciting. We haven't been involved in ministry at this church since we started going there 2 years ago. It's been a long break. I needed a long break before when I left a very small church. But I didn't take it. I got right involved in ministry when we had gone to Gardena Valley. I don't see in retrospect yet if the ministry I was involved in was affected by it. Maybe a little. Hopefully God's grace was sufficient. Russell and I took a long time to be acquainted with Kings Harbor Church (where we are currently going). I have made several comments to Russell that I now feel like it is home. It is a very large church. Much larger then I have ever attended. It took us a while before you walk in and recognize the people, know them by name, and are friends with them. Our church started out 12 members 10 years ago when Senior Pastor Chris took over. It just grew very fast. Either way I'm looking forward to this small part that we will be getting involved in. Looking forward to branching out a little bit more. Looking forward to being used by God again--hopefully.

I also have had a lot of things happen to me lately. A lot of things around me that don't really involve me but still seem to affect me. I have realized how real demonic forces can be by a family member I care a lot about. And the eerie remembrance that The Screwtape Letters is in some ways not a fictional book. I am also amazed, in another way, at how a person's walk with Christ can become so pulled apart when they go through hard times. But like my grandmother has said, "you never know what goes on behind closed doors". So I just don't know. Then I have a growing friend who's mother went into the hospital. Maybe it is the Holy Spirits tug, maybe it is because I am a nurse, or maybe it is just a coincidence. But I have a strong pull to pray for healing. Sadly I have yet been a part of one despite my most earnest prayers. I'm starting to now pray for the logical approach. I know the medical answer. I know there is a place for this in God's healing hand. It's just not the amazing one. The one where people can't deny the fullness of God. The one that changes lives, hopefully, for a lifetime. That's the one I want to be a part of. Not just the day to day grind that I come to about twice a week called working as a RN.

1 comment:

rubber_thoughts said...

What do you do in Children's Ministries? Is it preaching to children or like a charity thing organized to help in children's issues?