Saturday, June 27, 2009

It's a boy

As many of you already know. We are having a BOY! We found out last wednesday. It is all very excitting. I've been thinking that I was having a boy, but I thought Penelope was a boy and we all know that that wasn't true. LOL. So now we have a lot more stuff to do. We have to repaint the babies room, since our little ones will be sharing. And I have to go through all of her clothes that I have been saving since I found out and I have to go through all her toys.

Here are some pictures from the ultrasound. Our little guy has his arms up by his face, just like Penelope had. And as I look over at Russell taking a nap on the couch he is too! Ha ha. Well we know where they got it from.




We are probably going to get a 4D ultrasound with this pregnancy. We had a lot more ultrasounds with Penelope because of the complications, so it would be nice to get to see our little boy a little more. I'm debating whether or not we are going to do a video of it because we don't have a video of Penelope. But it would be nice to show our little boy when he gets older.

Both Russell and Penelope were there at the ultrasound. At Penelope's it just so happened that we couldn't have a afternoon/evening ultrasound, and the technician was only available once a month. So Russell was totally going to miss it. He said he was okay with it but I felt really sorry for him. So I ended up planning a little surprise for Russell. I had Russ' mom call and pretend to be the doctors office saying they couldn't keep the apointment and had to have it rescheduled for a time Russell would be able to make it. That way he was thrown off the trail a little bit. Then I contacted all local family and friends and had a "surprise it's a girl" party, that upcoming weekend. He went out with his dad for coffee while everyone showed up at our place. Well Russell totally had no idea what was coming. Here is a video of him walking in the door.



I was so excitted that I remember being in almost tears as he approached me. It's a favorite memory. And it ended up that Penelope didn't completely cooperate, so we had another ultrasound that Russell was able to go to.

Well, our little boy, didn't get a huge party. But he did have his daddy and his sister there. And it was still a wonderful moment. : D

2 comments:

Hattie said...

So happy for you!!! Looking at your blog it reminds me of when I posted mine...seems like yesterday!

myopinion said...

hello!!!
let me see where do i start - HAPPY BIRTHDAY PENELOPE! (sorry for the delay, I don't even know what day I'm on) :) TWO YEARS OLD! time flieeeeees!!!

Then HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO YOU AND RUSSELL!!!! :) THREE YEARS! WOW! time really flies!

I look forward to seeing your baby-boy-carrying-pregnant-belly! My seclusion unofficially ends on the 31st and officially on the August 8th (After the bar, I have to take an Ethics test on 8/7) anyways, hope all is well!!! I miss you guys :) XOXO

PS
Please keep up the praying and kick it up like a thousand notches next week b/w July 28 - July 30 :) XOXO