Monday, June 1, 2009

Big Girl Bed

Well I caved. I didn't last very long. I was so excited about the bedding I picked out for Nelly and so was she. You should have seen her. When I took it out of the package she wanted to layout on it, and she was getting upset at me for not unfolding it for her. When we went to go buy her a mattress, she was so excited, she would get up on everyone of those beds and lay down to try them out. And when we left, she cried. Poor thing. It took her a while to realize we had one in the car already waiting for her.

So yesterday, as you can guess, we tried to set up her bed. The bed frame that we got didn't work out very well. There was missing parts and the frame was bent, and it wasn't as cute as it was online. So we ended up just putting her mattress on the ground and letting her sleep on it. No box spring, no bed frame, just the mattress. But she loved it! And she slept so good in her big girl bed. She cried and played a little bit when we put her to sleep last night. But instead of falling asleep on the floor, like I have heard a lot of kids doing. She climbed back into her bed and even pulled the covers over her. It was so cute to watch on the baby monitor. (Yep, I still have the baby monitor with a visual display. I still have not cut the cord.) And right now she is taking a nap in her big girl bed. She's been sleeping for close to 3 hours!

But today I went to Ikea and might have found an adorable bed frame that is white rod iron. I'm going to drag Russell there tonight to hopefully get it. I will post pictures as soon as the bed is officially done. Very excited!

1 comment:

Nicky Stade said...

Cute! She's ready to be a big sister!!