Thursday, December 16, 2010

Christmas time is here



We got our tree up! See isn't it pretty. Yes it isn't exactly like the trees I have done in the past but this maybe took all of 1 hour to put up and together with of course the help of a little girl who put the decorations at only her eye level, no higher and no lower. It is a little more then the 3 foot tree I wanted to get that already had the tinsel on them. But those trees were really 1 foot at best and had a total of 3 decorations on them. So instead I got this. It made a little girl happy. Who, by the way, has been talking about a tree all this season. We might have to do a new Christmas tradition now that she seems to be old enough to help out. Austyn has been asleep so he hasn't seen anything yet but the lights, which he of course wanted to hold so we couldn't place them on the tree. At which point we took them from him to decorate the tree and he cried hysterically.







Penelope posing before the tree! LOL.




Here is the official picture of the tree:


Not a whole lot to report. We still have a little bit to unpack. But it's not been unpacked more out of procrastination then anything. We both love the new apartment. I think it is slightly bigger then our old place by maybe 100 or so more square feet but it seems bigger because we are all on one floor. Fresno has been treating us well. They are really nice here. The people I've met at the hospital are really nice. I'm just doing hospital orientation so far, but I'll start getting my feet wet on monday when I get to start orientation on the unit.

We tried to go to church wednesday, but the service was canceled for the holiday time. We ended up stopping by another church but haven't really found our new place to call "home". With the holidays around the corner it's going to be hard to get an idea on whatever church we "try out". Oh well....

In the mean time, Russell is learning his way around town a little. At least finding the grocery store, home depot, best buy, target, stuff like that. I am just learning my way around the hospital and probably just as confused as I was before going to the grocery store. Though I did find a Fresh and Easy. I love that place!


1 comment:

Jenn Jenn said...

The tree us amazing, but more amazing is to see your daughter's smile. I hope you have a blessed Christmas and New Year!