Sunday, December 28, 2008

Frankly speaking Nelly

To keep record I want to write down all the new words that Penelope is saying. Jen Graham was right when she said her crankiness the other day might be due to a milestone. If you catch Penelope at a good time she will repeat whatever you say.

Here's a list of words she says well:

1. hi
2. bye
3. No (Right now this is cute, she says no to everything. "Do you love mommy?"--"no"... "Do you want a cookie?"--"no"... I know it's only cute now that she really doesn't understand it.
4. mommy or mama
5. daddy or dada
6. mouth
7. nose
8. ear
9. eye
10. Nena (who is Granna)
11. Nana (who is Aunt Nicky)
12. go
13. up
14. apple
15. mine (don't ask me how she learned this) :)
16. baba (which is bottle)
17. keesh (which is suppose to be keekee meaning yucky or dirty)
(I think that is it, but if I remember anything else I will add it to it)

She has said this a couple of times but not fluently
1. banana (this was actually her first word, beside mama and dada but she hasn't said it for a while)
2. Nelly (which is her nickname- it really surprised me when she said this and when we asked her who that was she pointed to herself. It was so cute. I'm going to try to call her by her nickname more often.
3. I know (she has repeated us saying this when we are in conversation. And I know that she already says "eye" and "no". So I guess "I know" doesn't really count. But I think it's cute!

I just looked up online and it said that there is usually a vocabulary explosion at 18 months and she is doing that. They are also suppose to have about 10 to 20 word vocabulary so she is right where she is suppose to be. My smart little girl!

No comments: