Friday, October 2, 2009

ticking along...

My pregnancy is coming along, I'm 35 weeks pregnant (36 weeks on wednesday). I am also just finishing my last day of work last friday, which I am very excitted about. And then hopefully (Lord willing) I will have 5 months of being a stay-at-home mom. My work has gone through a couple of management changes and so all the times that I cleared my extended maternity leave through the different managers didn't seem to matter. The current one states they will not hold my job for me. So I either go back to work after 6 weeks or not at all. It's not completely unexpected since I'm 'per diem', the hospital looks at me as a little extra expense. The hospital has been trying to get rid of all the per diem's at this hospital for a while. I wish this wasn't the case, but I'm not willing to come back so soon. It's really a bummer. They say that nurses can always find a job, and hopefully that will remain true even though I have heard otherwise with the current financial situations our country has been facing. My co-workers are giving me a shower, which is really really nice of them. I feel so blessed by it, even when I worked at a place full time they didn't throw me a shower.

I started having a lot of contractions and pains similar to what I had with Penelope this last week and was starting to worry that I was going to have the same early dilating problem I had with Penelope. I mostly had the contractions after working, which is being on my feet for 12+ hours. I went to a regular scheduled doctors appointment on Thursday and found out that I'm not dilating. Which is GREAT especially because I'm absolutely horrible at bedrest and bedrest with a 2 year old would have been a complete nightmare. Russell and I did decide that I wasn't going to push myself anymore with work and call Friday my day of work.

The doctor said I am 75% effaced (100% is ready to deliver). But my cervix is still closed (meaning I'm not dilated at all). This is so much different then being 3 cm dilated and 75% effaced with Penelope. The baby is head down and around 5 to 6 pounds right now. So Austyn will probably weigh a little over 8 pounds at birth.

As to when this baby is coming. I hope he comes on or before his due date. I'll be pretty upset if he comes after, but it is still a possibility. I'm not having any of the problems I had with Penelope so it is likely that he will be later. However he could come early because you are suppose to be earlier with your next one.

I have to update some pictures that we took and different activities. I finally talked Russell into going to the corn maze/ pumpkin patch that we have been to almost every year. Hopefully we will go next weekend or we might not go at all. The thing is it is a 2 to 3 hour drive away, but it is the biggest corn maze around. Russell and I even as adults could never finish the whole thing.

1 comment:

Nicky Stade said...

Just FYI, my first came on his due date (but due to a lengthy labor, he wasn't born till the next morning), and my last baby was 4 days late. ;o) My middle one was the only "early" one and that's because we scheduled our c-section for Monday and he was due on Friday. So...they don't *always* come earlier...;o)