Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Mud Run





Last Saturday I did LA Mud Run at the Rose Bowl. It was actually 4 miles and since there is an obstacle course I didn't keep up with running the whole thing. But I ran most of it. During the second half of the race I realized that the first half had a steady incline which is why I was getting tired so quickly. That and it was HOT! Plus I had to crawl through mud. I finished in a horrible time of 1hr 2 minutes. Oh well...

I really did enjoy myself though. A friend of mine had done a mud run when I was pregnant with Austyn. And seeing pictures of her doing the run made me want to take up running after I had given birth. Plus I knew of someone who with wild ambition had considered doing a marathon. Which sounded like such a nice goal. I have adapted doing one in my life to complete my marathon career. I need to strive my running goal a little harder. I need something that is going to push me. But until I find that perfect 10K, I'm probably going to be doing it not as faithfully. Oh well, next Disneyland 5K in September.

No comments: