Monday, March 23, 2009

break off for an adventure



Yesterday we, or should I say I, got a chance to sleep in. Much needed since I havne't been able to sleep very good lately. However as soon as I got up, around 9 to 10 ish. I was still so exausted I sat at the bottom of the tub to take a shower. I sure hope this insomnia ends soon. Russell had the great idea to go to the mountains. We were sure there would be some snow since it had just rained here last night. And right we were. We had a blast. Exhausted or not. We ended up heading to Lake arrowhead where they had just enough snow to play with. We played in the snow went down to the village and looked at the local shops. Then went down and had some coffee and pastries at a small cafe. Then we went to play in the snow some more and had dinner at a cute little mexican restuarant. It was really fun and spontaneous! I love stuff like that! We found out later it was good that we stoped at Lake Arrowhead instead of going a little further to Big Bear because it snowed a little bit more there and you needed chains. Something we would have had to buy and would have made me nervous because our hybrid car isn't any where near 4-wheel drive and that was the first time I had experienced driving in the snow.
FYI. If you look closely at the picture at the top those white specs are falling snow. My first time to see that! And the babies first time in snow!









No comments: