Saturday, February 12, 2011

12

Today we went to Disneyland with the kids. It was a fun trip, but a quick one. More pictures to come. Right now my computer is running slow and I'm afraid of asking too much. We went back to the in-laws and made meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and corn for dinner. It was really good, everyone enjoyed it.

Here is the meatloaf recipe (developed with help from Saving Dinner cookbook)

1 large eggs
1/2- 14 1/2 oz diced tomatoes with Italian herbs, undrained
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
1/2 cup oats
1/3 cup shredder Parmesan cheese
salt and pepper to taste
1/3 lb of Italian sausage (pork), casings removed
1/3 lb ground turkey
1/3 lb ground beef
1/3 cup spaghetti sauce

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl combine everything but meats and spaghetti sauce. Add turkey, pork sausage, and ground beef until just blended.
3. spray large jelly roll pan with non-stick spray. Add meatloaf to pan and make into a loaf. Pat to remove any air spaces.
4. Cook for 1 hour. Top with spaghetti sauce (I had some left over Parmesan cheese I added too) and continue baking 15-30 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.

I made it once with great reviews from the family. The second time around they loved it just as much. So I would defiantly say this is a winner. Right now I think everyone is looking forward to the left overs, since I made a 5lb meatloaf. Don't ask how big the original meatloaf was--that was completely consumed in one sitting. And that is a story for another time, when it isn't so late and my computer is acting more functional. ;)

No comments: