Monday, February 28, 2011

28

Well, that's it. Today is the last post. I made it kind of through a month (despite the 2 I missed). Russ will probably be happy that I don't ask him him every night "What did you do today? Anything new I can blog about?" It was nice to do it, but sometimes you wonder if this is interesting for anyone to read. Almost every post started with "Today" in the first sentence. And yet I had no other word to use. Because all I could give you is what happened that day. Also I had to stop myself from repeating "nothing exciting". I wrote that a lot.

Okay, onto today. : ) Austyn, the last couple of days started clapping his hands when we say "yay". We thought it was so cute we started saying "yay" all the time to see him clap his hands. When I was on the phone with Russ while I was on a break at work Austyn actually said "yay" with us. It is so adorable!

During this last weekend Penelope went to me randomly and declared, "I don't want to write my name." A little taken back I said okay and she like the attention span of a 3 year old was onto the next thing. We recently enrolled her in preschool. They told us in the orientation that they don't push the kids if they don't want to do something because they want learning to be fun. So I knew exactly where the declaration of not writing her name was coming from. She had been probably repeating that to her teachers all day. In any way, I stuck that in my memory for a better opportunity to address. So today she walked up to me. She found a pair of scissors. We don't own a pair of kid scissors so I wasn't happy with her holding them. She was very upset and she wanted scissors. She is able to work with scissors at school. Something I have denied my left handed child at home with both right handed parents. So here it comes: I told her I would buy her some kid scissors if she would trace her name. Sure enough, she was practices before preschool today. Now if only teenage life would be that easy. (In reading this to Russ, he said "well by then she better learn to write her stinkin' name") LOL.


1 comment:

Kelly said...

I'm so looking forward to the bribery stage - will make my life so much easier.