Wednesday, February 23, 2011

23

Let's see, what happened today? Nothing much. Well, I went running this morning. I really want to get consistently back into it. When I got home I helped get Penelope ready for preschool. I needed to trim her nails and so she talked me into putting a quick coat of nail polish on her hands. I was hoping that she would sit still while and let her nails dry while I did her hair. But she took that opportunity to apply another coat. And of course with the skills of a 3 year old she got a lot of her fingertips as much as her fingernails. While I turned my back to take care of Austyn she proceeded to paint the bathroom counter. It wasn't until she spilled it on the carpet in her room that I caught her over decorating. Thank God for Barbie nail polish. It must be water based because a baby wipe later it was all fixed.

Penelope had a good day of school. Russ said when he picked her up and two other little girls went and gave her a hug to say goodbye. She is making some friends, which is good to see. We were warned about the 2 week blues. The Principle said that sometimes kids that are really excited about school will get a little blue about the 2nd week and start missing home. So far she is doing just find. Happy to go and happy to go home. We are at a good place right now. We will see how next week is.

Austyn been dancing to music when it is on. Which entails him standing with his legs hip length apart and doing small squats. It's absolutely adorable! He was doing it from time to time at worship practice the other day. And it defiantly made people smile and point, but in a good way. : ) My sweet baby boy. Russ said he's getting the sharing thing as Russ tries to be the referee on who's turn it is.

Oh we tried the white wine from Fresno State. It's like a Chardonnay. Russ likes it. It is a little too dry for me. I feel like I'm drinking alcohol instead of a sweet glass of wine.


No comments: