Saturday, February 19, 2011

18/19

Well I didn't blog yesterday either, but it wasn't because I was working all night long. I was able to get off at regular time and didn't get called in. Yay! My husband and I were enjoying a relaxing evening so I didn't want to stop to blog. Sorry. I don't think anything happened yesterday that is worth mentioning. Russell enjoyed the soup I made. I, however, thought it needed some improvements. There was too much onion for me, it probably would have helped a little if I had sauteed it first as the recipe had called for. Also, it needed another vegetable in it. Something that wasn't a bell pepper. I realized that it mostly comprised of bell peppers. Otherwise adding the basil and Parmesan cheese was a very nice touch.

Today, after much deliberation, we decided to see Tangled at the 3-dollar theaters. I wasn't sure if Austyn would sit through it and didn't want to pay full price for the adult that had to spend the time in the hall with the baby. The 3- dollar theater was actually really nice. Even though we tried timing it at a beneficial time for Austyn, Russell ended up missing the later half of the movie. I thought the movie was very cute! Penelope loved the movie, but cried at the part where Rapunzel was brought back to be locked up in the tower. Afterward, we ended up walking around the Fashion Fair Mall. Only after working our way through the Christmas like crowds for an hour, did we realize that it's President's weekend sales. Oh well. We still enjoyed our time out. I've been looking for a good pair of everyday wear black shoes with a petite heal but that don't look too granny looking. Still haven't found the right pair, but while looking Penelope helped by trying on some shoes herself. She is such a girly-girl. Below is an adorable picture of her trying on some 4-inch high heel shoes. That she couldn't even stand up on! LOL.





We got back in time for us to eat dinner and for me to bake for the Women's fundraiser tomorrow. I'm making my peanut butter brownies, oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, and my raz-ma-taz bars. I haven't made the raz-ma-taz bars in a long time and am looking forward to tasting one when the are out of the oven. But they are very good! Here is the recipe below:

Ingredients:
1/2 cup margarine
2 cups white chocolate chips
2 large eggs
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp almond extract
1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds

1. Preheat oven to 325-degrees F. Grease and sugar 9" square baking pan.
2. Melt butter in medium, microwave-safe bowl on High power for 1 minute. Stir then add 1 cup morsels, let stand. Do not stir.
3. Beat eggs in large mixer bowl until foamy. Add sugar beat until light lemon colored about 5 minutes. Stir in chips-butter mixture. Add flour, salt, and almond extract, mix at low speed until combined. Spread 2/3 of batter on prepared pan.
4. Bake 15-17 minutes or till lightly golden brown around edges. Remove from oven to wire wrack.
5. Heat Jam in small, microwave-safe bowl on High power for 30 seconds, stir. Spread jam over warm crust. Stir remaining chips into remaining batter. Drop spoonsful of batter over jam. Sprinkle with almonds.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes or till edges are browned. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.

Makes about 16 bars.

No comments: