Thursday, February 24, 2011

24

Russ said Austyn had a hard day today. He was crying and crying over every little thing. In talking it over, we can't put our thumb on what it was exactly. But oh well, tomorrow is another day.

Today I have been thinking a lot about God's ordinance. He has so provided and been our authority in our life. It seems sometimes that He has destined our steps. He knew exactly what we needed, exactly where we were going. I know I still have quite a road to travel ahead of me, but there are some days where I am so sure that God is the one driving us there. Of course, there are other days when I sit down and think that it is all going to come crashing down around me. My father-in-law mentioned a scripture to me once and I have committed to memory in Beth Moore's scripture memory. (Memorizing 2 scriptures a month on the 1st and 15th of the month). In Proverbs 16:9 "We can make our plans, but God directs our steps" (NLT). He later explained that he looks at it with us still actively planning our lives, but bringing everything to God. We can still make plans for our lives. And to not just sit around and wait for something to land in our lap. But God comes as we make our plans and determines the steps. Opening doors or closing, telling us where to turn or to go straight, and with that we go with God where he leads us. I like how there is a difference in explanation of actions between us and God in the scripture. There is a difference between us making plans and God doing steps. The plans don't actually count for anything. Anyone knows, you can make plans for the rest of your life and that doesn't mean that anything really happens. It takes steps, steps that come from our Lord and Savior. I thank God for those steps. The steps that have brought us here today. The ones that will bring us where we go tomorrow.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Thank you for sharing this verse and the explanation of it. That really is helpful when by nature I'm such a planner.