Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Day 8

Well today went well. I just got home a little bit ago from being with my mom. She is doing well and all the small things I was worried about happening never came to pass. She is resting well at home. I feel a little better at the end of the day with my sickness. The good thing about waiting around for my mom to have her procedure is that I had to sit around. I also have been feeling who ever is praying for me to get better soon. I know my husband is but maybe some of you out there too. It really does make a difference and I want you guys to know that.

My camera did not come today. I was wrong, it is going to be delivered tomorrow. Too bad tomorrow doesn't come quick enough. I tracked it on UPS and it is still is San Pablo, CA. Which at first I thought was San Pedro until I looked closer. And then I had to google it to find out that where in the world San Pablo is? For your information San Pablo is in the Bay Area of San Francisco.

Penelope did fantastic at her orientation. The teachers said she was really well behaved in class like she had all done it before. We were only there for an hour, so she wasn't really ready to go when it was time to go. She cried pretty bad when we had to leave. At least I know she will have a good time. Monday is when she officially starts I hope it comes quickly for her sake.

I almost finished the book "One in a million: Journey to your promised land" by Priscilla Shirer. It is so good. Each page has been a talk between God and I. It is a perfect read for this stage in my life. But I really want to quote you some part of it. I just have a hard time picking which one that gets the full affect of the whole book. There isn't anything I can take, but here is a good part I read recently.

"What situation are you in right now that's going to require a 'turning' if you're ever able to embrace the will of God for your life? What kind of changes is He asking for? And what do you expect will happen if you continue resisting this new direction for whatever the reason--inconvenience, fear of the unknown, distaste for the whole situation?

Paul speaks of how we are to 'run in such a way' not merely to survive the race but to run with purpose and persistence--to run 'that you may win' (I Cor 9:24). And the writer of Hebrews gives us specific instructions on how to do it (Heb. 12: 1-2):

* Turn--'let us also lay aside every encumbrance and the sin which so easily entangles us...'
* Set--'fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith...'
* Go--'let us run with endurance the race that is set before us.'

God was moving Isreal from one place to the next, preparing to put them into position where their hoped for destiny would be clearly within reach. But in order to go where God was leading them, they were being told to take dynamic action, to do things differently then they had before. They were being expected to believe that what He had called them to conquer next was worth every challenge. They were being instructed to march boldly out of safety into a new phase of following Him. Breaking barriers depended on it.

...Moments like these--times when God prepares us to go to the next leg in our journey--remind us why Sinai is so important. The intimacy God invites us to experience with HIm in our darkest, driest, dustiest seasons is not some isolated occurrence. It's not as though we're supposed to walk ahead merely remembering what it was like to be there when God met us in our pain and brokenness and reestablished our relationship. Like the Hebrews emerging from Sinai, we're not simply to march onward but to march onward with God. We're not to leave His presence behind us at the mountain. We will find ourselves lost and gasping for breath before we know it if we think we can move ahead without maintaining our continued connection with Him. The fellowship and faith garnered at the Mountain of God are designed to keep us from rocking off balance when the new possibilities (as well as the new obstacles) of entering our destiny begin to appear."

There is so much. For me to continue writing it in. I would have to write in everything. I hope what I have extracted out of the book has spoken to you and stirred you to grab a copy for yourself to dig through.

No comments: