Friday, February 11, 2011

back for a weekend

Today we drove back down to LA. We still have Disneyland passes (they expire in May) and to try to get the most out of our buck we are trying to come down once a month. I also think it is good for the kids to come back. Austyn's eyes lite up and his arms went out when he saw Granna at the door. Penelope was so excited too. Plus she gets excited about all the other family. She loves playing with Emily. Austyn, even though there is a 9 year plus difference, plays his own way with the boys. I think it is helpful for Penelope to see friends that she knows again. Even as she is makes new ones. Hopefully I'm not scaring my kids for life too much ; )

We are going to try to go to Disneyland tomorrow. Today we just hung out and went out to dinner. Here are some photos I took of the kids today. I had time to try out my new camera and had fun checking out all the functions. I'm starting to get the hang of things on it.

Here are some pictures of us at breakfast on our way down.




Some pictures of hanging out. All the cousins together.






We went out to El Paso Cantina in Torrance for dinner. The kids both tried salsa (it's fairly mild there). Here are some pictures of them enjoying chips and salsa.




Driving around in the car gives Russ and I time to talk. We have a solid 4 hour drive down--we have lots of time! LOL Driving around our old home town, it's funny how we both get assurance that we are where we are suppose to be now. Fresno slowly grows on us more and more. And "home" slowly morphs into something new.

No comments: