Friday, February 4, 2011

Day 4

This family has gotten hit by a small "cold bug". Penelope woke up with a little cough, Austyn has had a runny nose for a while, Russ says he feels a little under the weather, and my throat is scratchy. It's a very mild cold in this household so far. But I'm hoping and praying that we all get better soon. Did I tell you my vitamins came in the mail today? I'm super excited about that! I also got some vitamins for the kids so maybe they will get over their sicknesses before Superbowl. Superbowl is a great time when it involves socialization in this family. LOL. Meaning this family is full of people who love to just be around other people.--Somehow just being around each other isn't enough. ;) Anyways, because Penelope was coughing a lot this morning we canceled orientation at the Preschool. We rescheduled it for Tuesday. Doubtfully I'm going to most likely miss Women's Bible study, always a bummer when it involves Beth Moore.

I ended up hanging out with the kids before going into work. AND! I ended up getting off work early today! AWESOME! I went in at 11 and got off at 6! My kids were so happy to have me home. I miss being home with them. Since we had the evening to spare we ran over to Guitar Center, one of Russell's favorite places in the world, and browsed a little. We needed new strings for his guitars and a tuner (since we got rid of the piano). Since I have the tuner I also tuned the violin. I need new strings for the violin too but they don't sell them at guitar center. It's been a long time since I picked up the violin. I'm going to need a lot of practice before I can play in front of anyone besides my most forgiving husband. I'll have to work on the calluses on my fingers too; they need to toughen up some.

We are tossing up what we should do tomorrow. I really wanted to go to the snow. But we still have to buy snow boots for the whole family and a jacket for Russ. That would defiantly set us back some. I think it is suppose to be a beautiful day tomorrow (a high of 65 and mostly sunny). Trying out some of the trails with the hubby and the kids in a jogging stroller sounds nice. Maybe there are some open houses we can stop by at? We still haven't taken Penelope to see Tangled. Is that still in theaters? Or maybe in the 3-dollar theaters?

I do have to say Russ is really getting the hang of being home. He's doing well with the kids and taking them out, working around getting things done and their nap schedule. He is doing fairly well with keeping the house clean. I'm really proud of how well he's handled switching roles with me. And I respect him for that.


No comments: