Thursday, February 3, 2011

Day 3

Well, day 3 started off as a hard start. Russ and I woke up to Penelope coming into bed with us at 4:30 in the morning saying she had a bad dream. Within about 10 minutes we realized it was much more then that. If some of you guys don't know my daughter has had some kind of stomach problems from time to time. It started when she was about 1 1/2 years old and after holiday meals only. She would be puke-y the following day like clockwork. After talking to the pediatrician it was decided it was most likely heartburn, from the holiday meals, that her small body didn't know how to handle. Over time it has come and gone. But is now less often after holidays and more spontaneous. Still about 3 times a year, maybe 4. The poor thing. She hates throwing up. She will deny that she feels sick until she can't hold it back anymore. All the while showing all the other symptoms of being ill. I'm not quite sure what it is that is making her sick. Personally I'm still praying and hoping that she will grow out of it. The only thing that has been tossed around now is that it might be allergies, but it isn't consistent. If it is anything else more serious I would hate for her to have to have surgery. So I go back to hoping she will grow out of it. She stopped being sick (sparing you the details) by early morning. But her appetite, I guess, was a little poor. She kept saying all day "I feel fine, Daddy." Ahhh, my little girl.

I officially signed up Penelope for Preschool. And the start date is February 14th, she is going 2 days a week on Monday/ Wednesday until they have an opening on Tuesday/ Thursday. Tomorrow we have orientation, we will go as a whole family before I have to run off to work again. She is going to be so excited her first day of school. My little girl is growing up. Russ and I keep joking around about her entering 1st grade, as she states to us.

Austyn took another spill. I haven't seen it yet because he is sound asleep by the time I got home. But supposedly he was running and stopped his feet before his body was ready to stop and down he went. He has a little rug burn under his nose. Right when his other bruises were healing he's got another. I guess I will have to get use to it. Hopefully he doesn't end up a dear devil and give his mommy a heart attack in my later years. LOL.

I went running today after work! I'm so proud of myself. I've done a work out video after work but not gone running. It felt so good though. I've been thinking a lot about turning 30 this year. I know it still is 9 months away. I think it has something to do about not celebrating the last 2 birthdays much. I feel like I should really celebrate this one. And then I think maybe I should get more face creams or start taking vitamins. (I did order vitamins.) People laugh at me when I talk to them about it. But I want to do something "to keep my youth" (for lack of a better word). And I want to celebrate somehow nice. Any ideas? What would you do if you could do something special?

Russell again wants to be not to verbal about his day. He states he's tired from the day. I set up doctors appointments for each member of the family this month. Very excited about the things I crossed off my to-do list today. Did I tell you I also ordered a camera? Our camera has been lost for about a month now. And I need pictures up on a blog. It makes it so much more interesting. Don't you agree? And of course we have to capture Penelope's first day of school!


No comments: