Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Blogruary

Well here we go...I've always somewhat considered blog-a-day things that I've seen my other friends do. But never have actually committed. With moving away I feel like I should post more. Plus this month is the shortest month, so that makes it easier on me.

Today was my day off, and it seems that I try to fit everything I possibly can into a day off that I can. We are adjusting well enough. I miss being home with the kids. The kids seem to be just fine now with me leaving for work. It took Austyn about 2 weeks to adjust to that. After tossing up whether to enroll Penelope in dance class again or preschool, we decided to ask Penelope what she wanted more. She stated and begged to be in school. And then continued to say that she is going into 1st grade (her cousin, Emily, is in 1st grade). Russell tried to correct her to no avail, so we left her thinking she's going into 1st grade. I have 2 in mind, I toured one with her today and she loved it. I feel a lot better about preschools then the feelings I got from day cares. So we will have to wait till Austyn's 2 1/2 years old before he could go to this preschool.

Austyn climbed out of his highchair today and ended up with a big bruise on his forehead. He got a black eye from tripping while holding a cup and the cup lip hit the under part of his eye. He looks like he has been in a bar brawl. LOL. My poor baby. He sure is a toddler. But I guess he's a boy.

Russell is doing well. He is doing pretty good with the kids all day and taking care of the house. We recently got a program that goes over "fast carbs" and "slow carbs". If anything it will teach him more about a true diabetic diet. Hopefully we can start his schooling summer or fall at latest.

I am enjoying my career. Trying to work hard to loose the holiday weight plus maybe 5 or 10 more pounds that I didn't loose from last year. But I have a while before I hit the pool in a bathing suit. At least that is what I keep telling myself. I started a women's bible study today, Esther by Beth Moore. I've done it before but I don't mind doing it again. It's always tough being a women (the theme of the study). : )

Russell and I want to take our kids to the snow since it is so close to us about 1 hour away. Plus they got some snow outfits from my mom from Christmas. We went to Sports Authority today and got some awesome deals on some essentials we needed. The whole family still needs snow shoes, Russ still needs a jacket, and of course a sleigh. Plus I told Russ we needed some chains for our tires. And at that point he stopped in his tracks. LOL. I guess we will conquer that road when we get there. We still have to do more exploring of the area. There is a lot to do here. We are starting to remember more names of streets and their relation to one another, which helps a lot.

We most likely can't qualify for a home loan until I'm off the probation from being a new hire at work. We are still looking at listings. Now we have more time to save some money and get our bearings on the area. Of course in the meantime we are drooling over houses that we see.

We found a church that is slowly feeling like home. The people in the church have really welcomed us in and befriended us. Slowly we will find our nitch in the church in the mean time we are being blessed! :D

Off of us, I have a friend who gave birth today. Congratulations to the Loper family! They have entered into a family of 4 like us. So happy for them.

No comments: